Sunday, November 13, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Bread

On one of my loooong runs the other day my running buddy starting talking about apple cinnamon bread. Of course, we were starving at that point. I had never had apple cinnamon bread before but it sounded amazing. She went into great detail explaining it to me......torture.....but I thought "hey, I can totally duplicate that."

So here's my attempt.

It is everything I imagined it would be.

Delicious!

I started out by making a basic sweet dough in my bread maker.

Here's my recipe:

3/8 cup milk, 3/8 cup (warm) water, 1 egg, 2 cups white flour, 1 cup wheat flour, 1 tsp. salt, 4 tbls. butter, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 1/2 tsp. yeast.

Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature & set your breadmaker to "dough."

While your dough is going, make the filling.

I peeled & chopped 3 medium sized apples.

Melt 6 tbls. butter in a skillet & add apples.

Sprinkle with 2 tbls. sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon.

Saute on low until apples are tender.

When your dough is finished roll into a rectangle on a floured surface.

Yes.....that's a rectangle!

Ahem.....clearly you don't have to be perfect at this recipe.

Spread your apple filling over the dough rectangle. Don't get too close to the edge so that you can pinch your seams.

Next, sprinkle with an additional 2 tbls. of sugar & 1 tsp. of cinnamon.

Roll the rectangle into a log & pinch your seams closed.

Mine wouldn't stay closed.

Not to worry, it still turned out.

Again, perfection is not required.

Place log into a well greased bread pan.

Cover & let rise in a warm oven for 30 minutes.

Remove from oven & preheat to 350 degrees.

When your oven is ready bake for 30 - 35 minutes.

It smells so good when it's baking.

Let cool for about 15 minutes in the pan & then remove to a cooling rack.

Slice & EAT!


It's delicious at 6 am with a hot cup of coffee sitting in front of the woodstove. :)

I bet it would also make some seriously yummy french toast.

Thanks Jean for the inspiration!


I am sharing @



UndertheTableandDreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment