Thursday, October 4, 2012

Detox Day 3 Lunch & Dinner

I meant to post this last night but was having technical difficulties.
These chickpea patties had a very soft consistency but I loved the flavor paired with greens topped with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt & pepper.
It was yummy!  So yummy I had them for dinner & then lunch the next day.
Chickpea Patties
In a blender or food processor combine 2 cups chickpeas, 1 heaping tbls. dried parsley, 1 tsp. minced garlic, 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, salt & pepper to taste.
Form into patties & coat in brown rice flour.  (You can use regular flour, I am on a gluten free diet.)
Fry patties in olive oil for about 2-3 minutes per side.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Amy! Looks amazing. I will be definetly making this. Love those chickpeas...great protein. I love them fried whole in a little olive oil with slivered onions and a minced chipotle pepper. Makes a great taco filling topped with avacado and jalepeno and lime spiked cabbage!

    ReplyDelete