Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Turmeric "Latte"

So a few months ago I finally decided to cut caffeine completely.
Crazy, right??  I loved my morning cup of coffee.
What I had been noticing for the past several years is that when I was detoxing and would cut out caffeine I would feel better.  I would sleep better and over time it actually became easier for me to wake up in morning.  I was feeling super anxious and at times very irritable after I had a cup of coffee.  I guess removing it from my diet should have been a no brainer but I'm totally addicted to that feeling of something warm, tasty with a bit of sweetness every morning.
Here is my solution!
Something warm, sweet and tasty with the amazing added bonus of being very good for you!
Recently there have been countless studies, articles, etc. extolling the many benefits of turmeric and after a few weeks of drinking this every morning I am now a believer.  It helps me wake, curbs hunger & actually gives me more energy than coffee ever did without all those nasty side effects.  I even drink it at night occasionally when I have an upset stomach and within minutes I feel better.
There are so many ways that turmeric is good for you so please give this a try!   
 
 
 Turmeric "Latte"
To a blender or nutri bullet cup add:
1/4 cup raw cashews
10 oz of water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of fresh ground pepper (this is important, it helps your body absorb the turmeric)
maple syrup or other sweetener to taste
Blend until completely smooth.  If you don't have a high powdered appliance this may take a few minutes.  Gently warm in a pan on the stove. 
Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment