I have also had many of my friends ask me how I did it.
Also, use the website for their recipes.
It helped me to see those daily reminders in my inbox either way.
It was like someone saying "HEY, you are doing this!!!"
- The website has you starting on a Monday. If you work, don't do it. Start on a Friday or Saturday. You WILL FEEL LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!!!!!! Who wants to be at work when you feel like you want to bite someones head off. Literally. The first few days are tough. Have faith....it gets better and becomes so much easier.
- Don't plan on going crazy with exercise, the first few days you need to take it easy. Walking or yoga are good choices.
- Also, don't start this if you have any parties or events during your week 1. It's just too hard.
- Anytime you leave the house for any reason take water and food with you. Every time. Trust me. Even driving by certain restaurants would make me hungry.
- Try to eat 6 times a day. It was really hard for me. Most days I could only manage 4 or 5 times.
I also made an experimental dressing here's my recipe:
Here's an example of a salad. This is a week 4 salad (notice the corn) & it's huge because it was my dinner. I have my avocado dressing on it.
Dinner & Evening Snacks
We used several of the recipes from the website & they were actually really good.
We made the Millet Bowl with Black Beans and Vegetables, Almond Chicken Soup (Week 4), Quinoa Salad with Toasted Almonds, Two- Bean Vegetarian Chili.
I also used some of my own recipes which I will write up & post in the coming days.
I made a lot of roasted veggies.
I still had to cook for the others in my family so I would make them some kind of protein (meat for Matt) & a carb.
Here's an example of some of my roasted veggies.
Surprisingly, these are very filling.
Ok so there's how to start in a nut shell.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to email me.
Best of Luck! :o)