Friday, April 13, 2012

Trail Blazer Cookies

I developed these cookies for my hubby. He is an avid backpacker & hiker but not a huge fan of granola bars. He does love a good cookie and he wanted something hardy like a granola bar. What's nice about this recipe is you can tweak the mix-ins so that it's exactly what you like.

I put peanuts & M n M's in Matt's cookies. He his preparing for a big trip to the Grand Canyon and the M n M's don't melt in the backpack.

I used chocolate chips & pecans in the kid's version only because that's what I usually put in my chocolate chip cookies.

Trail Blazer Cookies

Cream together:

1 cup room temperature butter

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sucanat

1/2 cup brown sugar


Add:

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla


In a separate bowl mix:

1 cup almond meal

(I use my leftovers from my homemade almond milk, just dry it out a bit)

1 cup whole wheat flour

2 1/2 cups oat flour

(just blend oats in blender)

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda


Mix all ingredients together & then add:

1 cup chocolate chips (m n m's, peanut butter chips, dried fruit, etc.)

1/2 chopped nuts


Shape into balls & place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment