Friday, January 4, 2013

At It Again!

It's that time of year again...
I dread the word...
It's a love hate relationship...
You guessed it, DETOX!
I was really really bad this holiday season.  If I were to use the word indulgence it would be an understatement.  If it was in front of me and it was edible, I ate it.  Not good. 
Every part of me noticed the change, my immune system (I had to miss almost a week of work for a stupid flu bug), my sleep patterns (or lack of them), my moods (sugar makes me cranky), my gut(we won't go there) & most importantly my thighs (those super cute bright red skinny jeans had to stay in the closet).  Boy did I ever stray.  Strayed so far I ate Twinkie's, several Twinkie's.  I am so ashamed.  
Thank goodness it's a new year and I feel like I can get a fresh start.  Time to forgive myself and move forward.  But let's be honest here, detoxing is NOT my favorite.  It sucks.  Do I like eating healthy whole foods, yes.  Do I love eating fruits & veggies, yes.  Do I love bacon and bread, yes.  Woops, not part of the detox. 
I do LOVE how I feel about 8 days in.  Every part of my physical being loves it.  I sleep a very sound 8-9 hours a night and wake feeling refreshed and ready to start my day.  I seem to have super powers against all forms of cooties, or at least it seems that way.  I feel unbelievable happy, now I don't know if that's because I am rockin those red skinny jeans or if healthier eating just effects my moods but either way it's a win/win situation.  So I am going to buck up, gather my willpower and make it happen.  I would love for you to join me.  You will be amazed at how good you will feel.  I will try to be better at documenting my journey so you can follow along. 
This is now my 5th, 28 day detox.  Over the course of 2.5 years I have shed 25 pounds & lost 4 pant sizes.  Difficult yes but so worth it.  So here's to the New Year and to a much better, healthier, happier me!
            
 

No comments:

Post a Comment