Thursday, May 27, 2010

Promises....

I know that I promised sourdough recipes and my sewing project pictures.......I am working on it. My sourdough starter was a big FLOP. I don't know if it's our strange weather (it's yo-yoing on a daily basis between sun and snow) or if it's just me. I threw it out and I am starting it again.
Here's a recipe to try if yours was successfull!
Sourdough Flapjacks
1 cup sourdough starter
1 cup organic flour
1/2 cup water
Mix starter, flour and water. Let stand overnight (about 12 hours), covered with a cloth in a warm place. Stir mixture well and carefully ladle onto a lightly greased griddle. Flip flapjacks after bubbles form and tops have lost their sheen.
I got this recipe from Mary Jane's Ideabook. My flapjacks tasted like kindergarten paste but this was my second flop using my starter so I am quite certain that it was my starter that was the problem. So try it out and let me know if you succeed.
I will post a bread and biscuit recipe and tomorrow I will finally post pics of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment