Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I Am In Love

I have wanted chickens FOREVER!!!!!

Probably about 12 years.

My wonderful hubby finally gave in & agreed to build me a hen haven.

Or should I say Fort Knox.

We have bobcats, mountain lions, raccoons, coyote, hawks, etc, etc.......

His safety plan is pretty intense.

Thank goodness because I would be devastated if I lost one of my girls.

I am already totally and completely in love.

Who wouldn't be in love??

This is Hazel, she is an Ameraucana.

She is the absolute sweetest thing in the whole wide world.

I adore her.

Yes......I let them in the house.

Guilty as charged.
They are just tooo cute.

The black Barred Rock is Ruby, the brown Leghorn is Henrietta, & the white Brahma is Justine Beeper. (Justine used to be Anne but she liked to sing so much that we renamed her. Plus she had the bang comb over for awhile. teehee)

Right at home in the baby brooder.

Aka, plastic box from Target.


I know this pic is blurry but I just love it.

The girls had an obstacle course set up and were running the chicks through it.

"They needed proper exercise."

Ruby, the escape artist!

Time to relocate!


The girls on a outdoor field trip!

They are already getting their big girl feathers.

The chicken Shepperd.
She takes her job very seriously.

She even has the stick.

At home in their new brooder.

A reclaimed rabbit hutch that we borrowed from our friends Luke & Leesa.


I love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment