Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Handmade Gift Idea #2

First off let me say that I GET TO SEE
GREG MORTENSON TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For those of you that know me, you know this is a BIG deal for me.
He is my hero!
Hopefully I will have pictures to post tomorrow.
On with the post! :o)
Here's
My Vanilla Day #3
Here's my gift idea!
Tropical Sunrise Granola
Heat your oven to 325.
Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
In a large bowl combine 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup light brown sugar & 6 Tbls. melted butter.
Add 4 cups oats, 1/3 cup wheat germ, 1/2 cup sweetened coconut & 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts.
Stir until well blended.
Spread the granola on baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes and then toss.
Bake for 10 more and then toss again.
10 more minutes and then remove from oven.
Let cool & then add 1/2 cup finely diced dried pineapple
Put granola into a pretty container and label.


I had this for breakfast this morning and it was YUMMY!
This makes a great gift for anyone.
Matt & I love granola.
Especially when backpacking or hiking.
I am linking up to:

UndertheTableandDreaming
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend      wrap    up           party!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm linking over from Tatertots & Jello. What a beautiful blog. Hubby LOVES granola--I might have to try this. I'm also a big fan of Greg Mortenson. I loved his book Three Cups of Tea.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete