Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mac N Cheese

Ok, so, I got sidetracked.
Matt and I spent the whole day on new holiday product
(I will blog on that tomorrow) and mass producing lotions.
We are both sooo tired.
I didn't have time for my gift idea today.
So instead, I have a recipe!
I had this blog mostly prepped ahead of time.
Homemade Mac N Cheese for Kids!
Preheat your oven to 350.
You will need 1 lb cooked pasta.
I found these super cute "turkeys" at World Market.

Melt 1 stick of butter in a large pot.

Add 1/2 cup flour, cook for 2 minutes stirring with a whisk.

Add 4 cups milk (I use fat free) and whisk for 2 more minutes, until thick and smooth.

Turn off the heat and add 7 cups of cheese (I used sharp cheddar).

Season to taste with salt & pepper.

Add your cooked pasta and stir together.

Spoon into a casserole dish or individual ramekins.

Sprinkle the tops with additional cheese.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.

Enjoy the tasty cheesy deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment