Monday, June 27, 2011

Green Bean Summer Salad

I was sooo excited about this.


I don't know why.


I am a geek.


It's our first ripe red raspberry. Ever!


I have never grown raspberries before & I was screaming in hysterics calling everyone outside to look.


Thankfully, Avers was just as excited as I was, so I didn't look like a total freak.


After I snapped the pic she immediately popped it into her mouth!


I had an abundance of green beans.


I had bought some at the Farmer's Market & then when I picked up my CSA box this week there was more.


I love it!


Here's what I did with all those beauties.......


Green Bean Summer Salad
Steam 1lb. trimmed, cut & washed green beans for 5 minutes.


Immediately plunge into an ice water bath.


Strain, dry & add to a bowl.


Chop 2 large tomatoes & add to bowl.


Chop 1 large red onion & add to bowl.


Drain, rinse & add 1 can white beans to bowl.




Dressing


In a small bowl add 4 tbls. olive oil, 2-3 tbls. red wine vinegar (I like a LOT of vinegar so I add 3.), 1 large minced garlic clove, 1 tsp. fresh chopped dill or 1/2 tsp. dry, 1 tsp. fresh minced parsley, 1 tsp. dijon mustard, salt & pepper to taste.


Whisk dressing well & pour over veggies.


Toss!




You can also add 1/2 carton of feta cheese. The cheese is really delicious in this recipe but I was trying to keep it vegan for my "Detox Friends".


I doubled the recipe in this picture because I was taking this to a potluck!


This salad keeps really well in the fridge & it's also great picnic fare.


Enjoy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment